School Textile Recycling Scheme
Recycle and raise money to help beat blood cancer
- It’s reported* that in the UK in 2020 we spent £60bn on clothes.
- According to the UN Environment programme, the fashion industry is responsible for nearly 10% of the worlds carbon emissions.
- It’s estimated that in 2018 in the UK, 350,000 tonnes of clothing were sent to landfill.
By donating clothes to charity, it helps reduce the amount of clothing sent to landfill thus reducing the environmental impact and at the same time raises money for a worthy cause.
Do you want to raise awareness of recycling textiles in your school and at the same time raise money to help us beat blood cancer?
If so here is how it works in 4 easy steps:
1. Complete the form below to request collection bags and set a date for us to collect your textiles
2. Get the school community to fill the bags with textiles (see the list below of what we accept)
3. Arrange for the bags to be brought into school on the agreed day of collection
4. Receive a certificate showing the amount of money you have raised to help beat blood cancer
What happens to the textiles you send to us?
We will sell the textiles that you send to us through our online shop.
By donating goods you can ensure that others benefit in two ways.
- First, we are able to sell them through our online shop at a fair price so that others can buy them and make good use of them.
- Second, every penny we make from the sale supports our charity and our valuable work.
Clothes are sold on our e-store.
What areas do we cover?
Currently we offer the service in the Greater Manchester and Merseyside areas only
What do you accept?
We kindly ask you to donate:
– Good quality, dry, clean clothing
– Handbags & accessories
– Toys in new & working condition
– Paired, clean undamaged shoes
– Costume Jewellery
– Cosmetics (unused)
Items we cannot accept
We kindly ask you not to donate:
– Dirty, ripped or broken items of clothing and underwear
– Unpaired items of clothing, broken or damaged accessories and bags
– Very used, damaged or broken toys with missing pieces
– Broken and very worn unpaired shoes
– Opened and used cosmetic products
Fill in the Collection Form
Complete the form below to arrange your goods donation collection